Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Staying Warm!

My electricity went out on Sunday night at 9pm. They are now saying that it won't be back on until at least Wednesday night at 11pm. Needless to say, the house has gotten very cold, and the freezer and refridgerator have gotten quite warm. Thankfully I have stayed quite warm because Jeanine has electricity and very warm gas logs. So, as I write, I am lying on a very comfy air mattress (about 2ft high) with the fire burning! I am going to try going over to the house in a bit to try to get some stuff done. I really need to empty my fridge and freezer and bring it over here so that I don't lose everything. I don't know what it is about my area, but.... won't be telling futur buyers that I always seem to lose electricity and am always the last to get it back!! They cancelled school again today--not sure why except maybe it will save the schools some money to not heat the buildings today. The roads are perfectly fine. Trying to enjoy my day off!!!! Hope you all are having fun in your 3-4 feet of snow!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you have a place to go to stay warm. I can't believe you aren't going to get power back until Wednesday! That's crazy!

Anonymous said...

Well, you can be thankful that you have a warm place to lay your head! I hope you get elec. before Wed. night.

Anonymous said...

Gma spent the night here last night and will until it is back on. P and T were here for the evening and are coming again for supper tonight, but they slept in their cold house! It's nice here!!! Had a fire last night too.

Josh and Amy J. said...

Nice - very nice!!!