Friday, October 22, 2010

Miriam and Mimi get ready for Papi's Return!

Yesterday Miriam came over for lunch and to help make some cookies (thanks, Aunt Brenda, for the Big Soft Ginger Cookies recipe --yumm!). We were getting ready for Papi to come back from Algrange and wanted to make it special.

At one point, Miriam climbed up on the stool and said "It's my birthday and now I am grown up." "And how old are you now?" The reply "16!" I laughed and said, "Do you know that your big cousin Elise is going to be 16 tomorrow?"

Papi made it home safely via Paris (his train was canceled) and he loves his cookies :-)

4 comments:

Donna said...

Mmmm...Miriam, can I have some of your cookies?! They look delicious, and I love the welcome home card.

How cute! See, Elise, I just told you that 16 is important! ;-)

Johanna said...

awww, cute!

Elise Marie said...

awww.... how cute! I love you Miriam!! I miss you bunches! Hopefully I will get to see you sometime soon! We would have so much fun! :D

Papi said...

Miriam, those cookies were absolutely delicious! I hope that I am not sick again tomorrow so that I can see you. I miss you.