Saturday, March 19, 2011

THANK YOU!

So, I get this interesting phone call from Aunt Donna. She asked about 3 times if I was home or not, to which I replied, no, I've already left, so I was, admittedly, a bit suspicious! Anyway, completely forgot about my suspcions until I drove in the garage. Here's the funny part: they had sweetly removed the freezer (something I've been LONGING for) from the carton and put it right in front of pantry door, which would also be right to the left of my car door. I'm sure said location was so that I would see it first thing. They, as you can see, had put a colorful bag and bow on the freezer. Well, does Donna see the freezer? No. I pull in the garage and put on the brakes as I see--off in the right hand corner of the garage--a large box that was NOT there when I left the house just a few hours ago. I said to Amy Schoneweis, "Amy, that box was NOT in my garage when we left...what in the world? Then I noticed the words Magic Chef and said "Ahhh...it's my birthday present from my parents!" I jump out of the car to go look in the box and almost quite literally run into the freezer! It was pretty funny! Thank you, Mom and Dad!!!! I LOVE IT!
(And thank you US and AD for delivering it!)
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mom said...

Glad you like it-- and hope that it comes in handy for many a year :-)

Johanna said...

Yay for you! That's awesome!

Dad said...

You deserve more. I love you. Happy birthday.

RuthBix said...

Wahoo!!! Now you can really cook for the future! What a cute story, too. You're looking great, Donna!