Monday, May 14, 2007

Monday outing

Today we enjoyed the simple things of life. Like taking only back roads from Taylors all the way to Flat Rock, N.C., finding another covered bridge along the way, throwing twigs into a little river and watching them float downstream, stopping at Family Dollar to buy Micaiah a new pair of shorts after he fell into the mud, following signs to a waterfall (which just so happened to be closed to visitors on Mondays), driving down a long dirt road in the mountains with the kids on our laps in the front seats, picnicing at the Carl Sandburg home, visiting its barnyard and petting the goats, and ambling about the property like we hadn't a care in the world. It's been a good Monday.


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

TRBix said...

One funny from our day to share:
As we were on that dirt road, Tim put Micaiah on his lap to "drive", and had to continually instruct him on the art of staying on the road. After the third or fourth time of Tim reminding him to turn the wheel to go back towards the middle, Micaiah (who does most of his driving practice when the car is parked in our driveway) responded, "Daddy, it's hard to drive when it's on."

Brian said...

Glad to hear that you all had a fun day....we'll have to visit up there sometime. Brian

Donna said...

What fun! Micaiah has "driven" up my driveway many times, too!

Brian said...

Ruth, you'll have to pass the camera off to Tim a little more often...Where are you????

Anonymous said...

Those are good Mondays.

Anonymous said...

Oh my oh my, my comment didn't show up. I wonder what I did wrong? Anyway, I said that I sure wish we could have been with you all. It was nice chatting with you earlier. Love you all.

Becbud said...

Sure sounds like fun...we miss our "day off" outings. Glad you can enjoy them!

Aunt B said...

Oh WOW! You guys know how to have a vacation day! That's GREAT! You need those! Good for you! I don't know that I want Micaiah to be my driver quite yet, though!:-) Keep practicing!