Friday, April 17, 2009

Micaiah loses his first tooth!

OK, so the pictures aren't too flattering, but you do get the idea that this is one happy boy to have lost his first tooth! It's been loose for more than a week, and he has been wiggling it, but unwilling to let anyone even consider pulling it. We haven't pressured him about it at all, and sure enough, last night it just popped right out into his hand during dinner. And he ever so calmly holds it out to me and says, "Look, Mom. Here's my tooth."

The "tooth fairy" paid a little visit last night, and he's bargaining with the fairy to try to get the tooth back to show it off and still be able to keep his dollar.

6 comments:

Donna said...

YIPPPPEEEE! I was hoping to do the honors of pulling that tooth myself! O well! I soo wish I could see the hole, but I won't be able to see it until next week now! I would work on the fairy, Micaiah. Your first tooth is something worth showing off! BRAVO for being so brave!

JennieB said...

Impressive Micaiah!! Isn't fun growing up? I can't wait to see that hole myself on Monday! I hope that your tooth fairy is nicer than ours here in Rockford, because although she is VERY generous she does not return teeth!

johanna said...

Yay, yay, Micaiah! How exciting. A real BIG boy, now!

Daniel said...

Great job, Micaiah! I love the inset picture.
I am not surprised that you handled it so well, being such a tough guy, and all.

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Bravo, Micaiah!!! We just saw the blog! Maybe you will lose another one before we see you.

Elise Marie said...

WOW!!! You are lucky that your dad didn't pull it out... mine always did. :D
I almost never put my teeth under my pillow because I wanted to save them all!!!