Friday, September 18, 2009

WE GOT TO SEE THE NEW HOUSE!!!



We had a special treat last night-- we got to be the first official guests at the Dan Bixby's new home!!! It is beautiful and is already looking great. (In deference to the lady of the house, we won't post any inside pictures until she gets it decorated!) But the cherry on the top of the cheesecake (which Brenda served for dessert-yum!) was seeing the kids and their parents. We had a great supper out on the porch and then an intense game of checkers :-) Everyone had to go separate ways in the morning but we loved the short visit.

5 comments:

Tim said...

Very, very nice. Can't wait to see the virtual tour!!

TRBix said...

FINALLY! Pictures of the house!!!! It's beautiful! It looks so big and roomy. Please do give us a virtual tour as soon as the cherries are all in place. ;)

And who was the game of checkers actually between? I'm guessing Elise and Grandma? Who won? (I'm sure it must have been a close call.)

And, by the way, why do all of you have to keep talking about cheesecake? (Now everybody knows what to serve me when we're home on furlough, right?)

johanna said...

SO nice. I can't wait to see the rest of the house. It's beautiful! I'm glad you all finally have something a little more roomy!

Donna said...

Lovely!!!! Wish I could have been there. Looks like it was a beautiful evening out and fun!

Mom and Dad said...

The game, Ruth, was between Isa and me. BUT her big sister came to help and they would have won with her Dad's help, too, but the "helpers" had to go do something and Ben came to her "aid" and made her lose :-) It was fun (and I guess that I had forgotten the rules to checkers, so we played my rules which probably helped me!)