Saturday, November 14, 2009

Birthday Cheesecake!

Besides just enjoying being in France with my family, my main birthday highlight this year was the cheesecake my sweet husband worked very hard to prepare! For those of you who have had it before, this is the Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake recipe, with "fruits rouges" (a blend of raspberries, blackberries, cassis, etc.) substituted for the strawberry purée. We had recently learned about a type of cream cheese available here called "fromage à tartiner" that seemed to work perfectly. I was a VERY happy birthday girl! ;) Two EBP students recently had birthdays as well, and so we were able (I forced myself!) to share a piece with them after Tuesday's prayer meeting. (In the picture in the middle, I am just about to blow out the candles on yet another little sweet treat that one of our students had left on our doorstep for my birthday.)


Wednesday was a holiday here (Armistice Day). I was very ready for a day off! We had talked about taking a day trip somewhere, but due to the weather and how worn-out we all were after a lot of recent activity, we decided just to take a short drive into the French countryside and then to return home for some family time and R&R. The gray day actually provided a different kind of beauty for us as we explored some country roads just outside the city near La Brede.


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Donna said...

Wow! Whatta guy! Can't wait to chat!

Elise Marie said...

WOW!!! I'm very impressed Uncle Tim!!!!

Josh and Amy J. said...

Nice job with the cheesecake!!

johanna said...

Oh, I'm so glad you posted. And, Tim, great job on the cheesecake!!! So glad you got one, Ruth. I was actually thinking about you and wondering how I could send a cheesecake over there. (I decided that was probably NOT a good idea!)

mom said...

Wow!! Haven't been on the computer in a while,but was so happy to see the pictures. I am very impressed with the cheesecake, too!! Tim will have to make us one some time!

Donna said...

Aww..I miss you guys so so much.

JennieB said...

IMPRESSIVE!!! The Cheesecake looks delicious! And I'm so glad that you all got to enjoy a quiet day together! Enjoyed your pictures, but of the countryside and of your cute kids! Praying for you on this Sunday that ministry will go smoothly and that your hearts will be encouraged!

TRBix said...

Thanks, Jennie. The Lord answered your prayers and gave us a good Lord's Day. We had 50 in church, including all three of the "new families"!

Liz said...

Wow...BEAUTIFUL cheesecake and countryside! Enjoyed the pictures very much and enjoyed thinking about how much you enjoyed the cheesecake, Ruth :-) Love you guys!