Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Minnesotan Family

I had a wonderful time with the Dan Bixby Fam.  I got there around noon on Friday.  The kids had the day off in honor of my arrival!  (haha!)  We spent a relaxing afternoon chatting, and then went and met Vanessa and her new hubby, Scott, for supper and then went to a concert which was very enjoyable.  We had a good time.  Saturday, we all slept in a bit.  Then we girls hit up the MOA.  I haven't been there in YEARS, so I wanted to at least say I'd been while I was up here!  They taught me how to play Settlers of Catan--a game I've been wanting to learn how to play!  It was fun.  Late night.
Sunday, they leave for church at the crack of dawn!  Great service.  Dan had put a lot of time into the song service making it somewhat of a Good Friday service (or Passion Sunday, as he called it.)  It was such a blessing.  Truly one of the best, if not the best, song service I've ever participated in.
Sunday evening they had a business meeting.  So, Ben and I went mountain biking.  WoW!  It was quite the experience, but thoroughly thrilling--for the most part!  (Has Ben gotten a helmet, yet?!)  It was good b/c I had to burn off some of the calories inflicted on me by 2 incredibly awesome cooks in that household!  YUM!
Monday was a bright and early morning. Got to see Ben off, then Elise.  I left before Isabelle.  Don't know how they keep track of everyone's schedules!  So confusing!  Dan helped me get a rental.  Then I drove to see Vanessa at a Starbucks.  Was good to sit and chat with her for about an hour.  We had a good conversation and time of prayer together. She is very happy in her new life, if a bit homesick.
Was a great visit, and I am so thankful the Lord worked it out for me to go.
Thank you, Dan, Brenda, Elise, Ben, and Isabelle for a WoNdErFuL time!

 
My cool RAV4 in pic with Vanessa and me!  ;-)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mom said...

LOVE LOVE and LOVE more the pictures!! So good to see the Minnesota Bixbys w/ Auntie Donna. Thanks for posting :-)

Tim said...

Thanks for the pictures. Makes us wish we could pop in for another visit. Some day....