Saturday, February 24, 2007

Amore Festa

Menu
Minestroni Soup
Roasted Chicken Salad
Ice Cream Pear Delight

Games
Italian Vocabulary Test
Italian Food "Boggle"
Purse Treasure Hunt

Our Italian themed luncheon went very well. We were a little disappointed with the turnout, but we did have 5 visitors, so that is pretty good. Jennifer Cox gave an excellent presentation of the gospel using "food" as her theme. It was very well prepared and thought through. Her daughters did a wonderful job with music--very talented and sweet--they even helped with the cleanup! I felt there was a very good spirit. The food was great, (Judy made minestroni which was fabulous, and I made Roasted Chicken Salad--recipe Jen gave me--I'll blog them sometime, they are definite repeats), the entertainment was great, and the decorations were great. Liz did a wonderful job overseeing the whole thing. (You will notice Johanna's fine china being used, ladies!) Brandi headed up the servers and they did a great job as well. Maybe Ruth will blog and include the program. I didn't make it home with one. Ruth, by the way, washed ALL the dishes! That deserves a gold medal. Charlene and Jeanine dried--two more gold medals! As for me, I am tired and ready to put my feet up. We had TONS of leftovers so lunch is all but prepared for tomorrow--YIPPEE!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

That is wonderful, Donna. When I read that there were only 5 visitors, I was disappointed for you all, but it is so exciting that you had a student come!!!

Aunt B said...

Gorgeous, Beautiful!

All right, NOW on with the recipes!!!! Hint hint!

Aunt B said...

Did I hear someone ask for recipes???????????? Hmmmmmm!!!!!

:-) C'mon, they aren't top secret, I HOPE!