Sunday, September 30, 2007

Anchorage, AK - Day 1

We had a wonderful time today, our first full day in Alaska. We went to church this morning to a church that our church supports. It was good to see their work here. Then, we drove down to Seward, AK. It is about 130 miles south of Anchorage. The drive was beautiful. It was rainy and cloudy - we never really saw the sun, but it was still gorgeous. The pictures don't do it justice, because of the clouds and rain. I'll turn it over to Mom.

What an awesome God we have! The huge, rugged moutains, some with snow on top, and the beautiful dark green of the pines and the contrasting gold and yellow Aspen and birch.....SPECTACULAR! Daniel chauffered us roundtrip about 260 miles of beauty! What a great guy we have for our son-in-law!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that is where you are!!! We wondered what had happened to you. Pure pleasure trip or mixed with work? Looks beautiful.

Aunt B said...

AAAWWWW!!! The kids loved seeing these pictures this morning. Elise was gone before I realized you'd posted, so I will show her as soon as she walks through the door! It sure is beautiful!

Donna said...

Beautiful! Did you take your in-laws on a work trip with you? I won't say it, but Alaska is another place I've always wanted to visit! :-)

TimBix said...

I'm with Donna on that one!

Aunt B said...

Daniel invited my folks to join him on a business trip. My dad, especially, has always wanted to go fishing there. Danno hoped it to be a wonderful memory-maker. My mom's probably spoiling Danno rotten! He probably hasn't had to pick up the iron, knowing her! Anyway, he was especially happy that he was able to get them both into first class; hope it was better for Dad's back.

Donna, you crack me up. How did I KNOW you were gonna say that?!

Daniel said...

Ahem...
Mom is ironing at this very moment. I couldn't download their pictures onto my computer. Need to stop and buy the right cord. Their camer took nicer pictures (has nothing to do with the photographer, I'm sure.)

Donna.... definately a place to add to your list.

Brian said...

BEAUTIFUL!