Sunday, December 09, 2007

Micaiah's children's choir debut

Not exactly the Vienna Choir Boys, but it's a start. There are several things to watch. Notice Micaiah on the high note ("a-FFORD") and then the smiles on the adults listening from behind.
It was fun watching Micaiah develop in his musical understanding. When we started practicing a couple months ago, he basically knew high and low and didn't spend much time trying to figure out anything in between. But he has really progressed a lot through this experience. We were proud of all the kids. After many admonitions to "sing out", we were pleased when they actually did. ;-) On our way home tonight, as we were complimenting Micaiah on a job well done, he said, "And no one even did this!", as he cupped his hand behind his ear.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've listened to it six times and there's no question about who worked the hardest to hit that high note. What music in Grandpa's ears. I'll hear it six more times before the day's over. Mom just left :( for me :) four you Love Grandpa
for some reason this won't accept any bodies name except anonymous.

Donna said...

Too precious! But I have to say, regardless of whether he actually HIT the high note or not, I think Micaiah is the one that carried the kids on the singing--job well done, Ruth!

Brian said...

Micaiah did an excellent job last night. From my vantage point, he was the most confident and secure on the songs and verse. And I could hear him above the rest of the children. Good job, Micaiah!

Anonymous said...

Good job. We have dropped the ball this year and do not have a children's program! I'm very upset by it. Some one needs to chew out the pastor.

(Self-chewing out is unpleasant.)

Daniel said...

Great job, Micaiah, and everyone else as well. You are invited to join my Children's Choir any time. I need some boys that can hit those high notes.

Unknown said...

Thanks. Lots of fun. :)

Aunt B said...

There are some things VISA can't buy.....priceless!

KColas said...

I loved it!!! Ruth, I think that since France is close to Vienna, you might have to take him for an audition in a few years. :)