Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Holiday at Peace

We wanted to give our children a taste of the orchestra in a format we thought they would enjoy. So we all dressed up and took them and Aunt Donna on a "family date" to downtown Greenville and the Peace Center to hear the annual "Holiday at Peace" concert by the GSO. The Maestro Tchivzhel was in full form. The singer, Doug LaBrecque, was not outstanding, but his ego made up for what he lacked in vocal quality. We enjoyed a stop at Spill the Beans coffee shop (in its new location). We were pleased with how much M & M enjoyed the concert.
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Donna said...

So much fun! Such great memories! I loved watching Micaiah's face as he discovered all the instruments he had learned about that morning. He wants to play the drums because (with motions) "bang, bang, bang, they make lots of noise!" :-)

Anonymous said...

Christmas concerts are always fun. We're going to miss not going to the CSO this year for the Christmas concert.

Brian said...

Glad you all had a great time at the concert. Nice pics!

Anonymous said...

My oh my, I was sure that I had commented on this early this morning and then after both Donna and Dad mentioned the post, I decided I better have a second look. Not sure what I did or said, but I loved the pictures. Were there really so few there or was that way early?

Becbud said...

So glad you posted pictures (I kept checking). Everyone looks lovely and like they had a splendid time!

Anonymous said...

I check and read BIX BULL every day love it

Anonymous said...

Oh SO MUCH FUN!!! I would really have like to go to the pops Christmas concert, but...maybe next year???

Donna said...

It was early, Mom. It was actually quite full.

Unknown said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I'm so impressed that the kids enjoyed it......Isabelle was a bit bored at ours, I think! ;-)