Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Burr and Carrot!!

Monday was MLK day and a while back Becky and I had made plans to get together.
They had never been to IKEA before, and since I LOVE IKEA, it seemed like a great 1/2 way point to meet. (Charlotte, NC)
We met to celebrate our -100lbs. She's passed her's; I haven't gotten there yet, but...
Together we've lost over 210lbs!
Becky looks GREAT and is very close to her goal! She's amazing!
She told me I was a burr in her saddle--keeping her going, and I said she was the carrot in front of my nose--keeping ME going!!
It was a great time of shopping, fun, encouragement, and getting to know them better.
Their kids are precious! The kids are: Ellie (13), Paul (10), and Becca Lou (4). (I think I have their ages right.)
Sorry, apparently no picture of Dave.
Thankful for good friends....and especially one on a similar journey as mine.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Johanna said...

Fun! And Donna, you're looking so amazing!

mom said...

So good to see pictures of your time with Becky and fam! Love them. Becky looks great and so do you. Proud of you both :-)

Dave Teachout said...

Burr is right! :-) Now you are passing me up with the jogging. I have to call you my "carrot". :-) Love you!

Dave Teachout said...

That is from Becky, not Dave.

Bob Bixby said...

How come the first thing that comes to my mind is an obnoxious chant that went something like -- if I remember correctly -- "we fell in the garbage pit and we got back out and in we went again" ?

Fun memories.

mom said...

Funny, Bob! What I remember is "We were crazy in the head 3 times"-- over and over and over..

Donna said...

"We were crazy in the head 3 times (ter)
The first time was when we couldn't get out of the big big hole, the second time was when we put the big thing in the big big hole, the third time was when we couldn't get the big thing out of the big big hole.
We were crazy in the head 3 times!"
(And then we got so big there was NO HOPE of getting out!!) :D Memories!