Saturday, January 22, 2011

Mr. Potato Head!



Last night for our bi-weekly soiree, we had a "Potato" theme. I baked some nice big potatoes and we had a table full of yummy stuff to put on them. Of course, this was a new concept to most but they seemed to enjoy it and certainly did eat :-) Miriam and Micaiah had been Anne's "coaches" as to color when she made the potato heads so we had the game first so they could participate before going home to bed! I don't think either of them actually played (they were too timid!) but they were right there watching and giving advice!

We were an exceptionally small group (only 7 students) but we had a great time. Michael shared a mediation afterward and Dad translated. It seemed to touch all of the Christian kids' hearts (4) and hopefully spoke to the non-believers (3), too.

I LOVE baked potatoes-- not sure why I don't have them more often!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Looks like sooo much fun! You'll have to tell me how you "play" a game with it! Cute and creative...I'm impressed!

Tim said...

I can testify: the meal was delicious :)

johanna said...

What a fun idea!