Monday, November 06, 2006

Three Church Retreat 2006


The 3 church retreat is over for another year. The Christy's church was in charge this year, so we basically only had to show up. That was nice. There were about 100 people present and Jamel, Dan Lacey's son-in-law, was the speaker. Everyone had a good time. Our meal was rather complicated but I had a willing and happy crew. There was a volleyball tournament and Alicia and Laetitia were on the winning team. Joy looks really in form, but I hear her team lost royally! Our special guests were Rachel Barnes and Joanne Sopt (FOF2003--BJ grad) from Paris and, of course, Laetitia and Jean-Baptiste who came "home" for the retreat. Yaya went this year and added her own special flavor. I had to add the picture of Benoit Servas with Florent's baby--isn't she adorable? Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Aunt B said...

Wow! Looks like a great time! What fun!

Aunt B said...

I forgot to ask----POWER TOOLS in the KITCHEN?!!!!!

Mom and Dad said...

Since it was the Rive Droite in charge, there were TWO professional cooks--Jacques and son Thibault. So the meals were a little heavier :-) But they were both very congenial and helpful. The mixer was unbelievable--I could hardly hold it, but it made a great pureed (do we say that?) soup!

JennieB said...

Glad you all had a wonderful time. I wouldn't mind having a Jacques meal again! :-) And Florents baby is adorable!! I can't believe that he's a Dad.. and did I understand you to say that he is going to pastor the Rive Droite?

Mom and Dad said...

That is the plan. They vote in January, I believe. We have the pastors' breakfast here Friday and so I get to babysit Sarah. Her mommy is back doing her last year of nurse's training.