Monday, November 01, 2010

2nd 5K!

Saturday I participated in a HUGE racing event here in Greenville. Obviously, I was not racing to win! Vanessa graciously offered to walk it with me--though she normally runs them. I'm sure it was a total bore for her, but she stuck with me! One of my students wanted to do it with me--the first 5k I did was because of her. She stuck with us the whole way--though she struggled a bit, but then when we entered the stadium, she took off and left me in the dust. I just couldn't keep up with her!
They do this every year and have a costume "contest" as well. My student wanted me to dress up, so I told her I was going as a, um, school teacher! :) Seriously, dress up and do a 5k? Just didn't sound like fun to me! It was a fun walk--didn't run that much. Though my time wasn't great--not feeling well, didn't sleep much the night before--it was still motivating. Going to work at increasing the actual running time little by little. I'm just NOT a runner--sorry, Dad. :(
Anyway, fun event. We should plan one for our next family reunion!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

JennieB said...

Well it sounds like you did great!! good to see some more pictures!

Josh and Amy J. said...

Way to go Donna!

mom said...

Wow! You are quite the motivator! Maybe I will start walking one of these days. You plan the family reunion and make it happen and I will work at walking 5 k's!!
Proud of you.

johanna said...

Way to go!!!

Dad said...

Wow ! There goes my amazing daughter again !