Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving in Greenville

This has certainly been an unusual Thanksgiving!  I have been dying to see Johanna and the rest of the family, of course, so was seriously counting down the hours!  We were supposed to be leaving around 11:30-12:00 to go out to the Bixby Shindig at A. Ruths.  They decided, about 10am, (while still on the road) to change plans and just stay here in order to get the kids down for naps since they didn't sleep well on the trip down.  Since I couldn't stand the thought of not serving them a Thanksgiving dinner, off to Wally world I did fly!  Thankfully, they had thawed turkeys, and I was able to get everything I needed for a simple Thanksgiving dinner.  Turkey was in the oven by 10:30--and small so we could eat around 1!  We had a very simple dinner with just turkey, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, stuffing (which I left in the oven until the end of the meal  :(  grrrr!), rolls and a delicious salad.  It was simple, but so good to sit and chat and be together--while the kids slept soundly! 

We then loaded up and went out to Easley.  (I forgot to get my camera out until I was leaving!!)  Several had already left by the time we got there, but it was nice to visit with those who were there.  I think there were a total of 34ish today.  Jordahls: A. Faye and U. Ron, B.Bixbys: Jo's fam and me, S. Bixbys: US, Amy, and Na and David (who is expecting, for those who didn't know!), Alfaro: Ken and wife (who is expecting, for those who didn't know), Hutcheson: U. John, A. Lois, Esther, and I think 2 of the boys?  one was leaving when we got there and the other had already left--I think, no P. Bixbys, no Gambrells, Marshalls: A. Ruth, Vanessa and husband-to-be, Scott (pictured below), David (left before we got there), Kingston and family, Dierking: 2 boys (left before we got there), Renee and husband and Cara (pictured below in deep conversation with U. Ron!), no Whites.  I think that sums it up!

Johanna and Brian left to spend the rest of the evening with his family, and were home by 7 and in bed by 8!  So, I'm sitting here blogging to you all and getting ready to go run off some of these extra calories inhaled today!  It has been a lovely day--would have been better if we could have all been together, but I am soooo very thankful to have the Hansons here.  It's been so long (if ever), that anyone has visited me, that I'm sure I'm going to do some excessive spoiling, but... the rest of you need to make it down here so you can experience Auntie Donna's joy in having you here!  hint hint hint!!  =)

Love you all and eager to hear about your days in your parts of the country and world.  Pictures would be nice!

5 comments:

Dad said...

Donna, you are so sweet. Love, Dad

mom said...

Wow! I would say some major spoiling is going on :-) I wouldn't mind some mint oreos on my bed! Looks like you had a great quiet dinner and still said hi to the extended family! Have fun shopping today while we eat our turkey (hopefully I don't forget to serve the dressing!)

johanna said...

It's nice to be here. As you saw pictured, Donna had all kinds of goodies sitting out on our beds for us, and we're getting spoiled rotten!

Bob Bixby said...

Glad you had such a good day. Thanks for the update!

Josh and Amy J. said...

Delighted you were able to be together!