Monday, August 27, 2007

1st Ever Men's Retreat


Last Friday and Saturday our church had it's first "annual" Men's Retreat! There were seven in all who went down to Araujuzon for a 24 hour get-a-way. It was a great success--that is why I said "annual"--they all want to do it again. As you can see by the pictures, they played some games, did some hiking, played some petanque, enjoyed the scenery, ATE and had several Bible studies on the function of the local church along with many great discussions. (Dad had by far the best "form" in petanque, but he never got a point--I am sure that was because he wanted the others to win :-)!)
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Brian said...

Glad to hear that the first retreat was a success. Would've enjoyed to have been there, Dad.....not that I would have understood anything you said. ;-)

JennieB said...

Glad you all had fun. Did Mom go and cook for you, or did she leave you in charge of the food, Dad?

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! Very inspirational. I like to see a group of men like that. Glad you did it and that they all want to do it again.

Donna said...

Very exciting! Great pics!

Donna said...

We could use a little of that water here!

Daniel said...

That's great, Dad. Glad you were able to do that. I think our men's retreat is one of the best things we do. It sounds like your men might agree.

Anonymous said...

I'll add a few comments. I was somewhat apprehensive about this retreat; talked with Dan and Tim about their churches retreats, both of whom gave me great ideas. But I really wanted to connect spiritually, socially, and personally with each man. We did that far beyond my expectations. I felt we left all on the same page about more things than I could have possibly imagined. I was so very grateful. I'd prayed much about it. (to be continued)

Anonymous said...

part 2. We were there for exactly 23 hours, and most of that time was spent around the study table, and in deep discussion around each of the three meals. I cancelled the 3d planned session to play one hour of petanque, or we would have done nothing fun like that other than the 45 milnutes of chicken foot before going to bed the night before. Everyone was ravi'd with the whole retreat, and excited about planning another. Now the ladies are whining about equal time.