Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Micaiah's 1st Day of School!


We finally decided to go ahead and start K-4 with Micaiah. Had been postponing that decision because of all the upcoming changes in our lives this year. But I had been given some used teaching materials, so I just added to them and we are off! Micaiah has been looking forward to August 1st for more than a week now, and as you can see, is quite thrilled about his new backpack and all its contents. On his first day of school, he also drew his first-ever self portrait.

10 comments:

Brian said...

Welcome to the world of learning, Micaiah! How exciting!!!! I was thinking about you this morning, and wondering what you were going to learn on your FIRST day of school!!!

Aunt B said...

Oh cool! You look so grown-up with a back pack on!

I really like your picture. Good job! Work hard!

Anonymous said...

Micaiah, I can hardly believe that you are in school! I remember when your daddy started! Looks like you had a great day. I love you.

Anonymous said...

W O W MICAIAH A SCOLAR
I'll never forget my first day of school, nor your Uncle Bob's. Grandpa's excited for you

Aunt B said...

Ok, Dad, that comment begs the question-----what about your first day of school, but more importantly, what about 'Uncle Bob's' first day?! :-) I think it has a good story with it!

Anonymous said...

Bravo!

Donna said...

Yippee!!!!!!!! School is sooo exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it at church tonight.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the start of an exciting adventure Bixby Family! ;-)

Anonymous said...

My first day in kindergarten in Chicago, I was scared; Bob's first day in Kindergarten in Greenville, I was scared.

Aunt B said...

Ok, I'm taking the hint that Bob's first day has a story, but not blog-worthy. It's OK. I can handle it.