Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Sixty is Super!


A Big thank you to all of you who made my birthday extra special. Of course, it was Dad who helped plan and execute the great surprise party that the church gave me on Sunday. Those pictures will be coming later after we get them from the others. Then I walked out in the morning to a new coffee table (that matches the furniture in the dining room) and a table full of gifts. Along with all the emails (thanks, Donna!) and calls, it was a full, fun day.

So, here is your "old" Mom ready to go out to eat today at noon with Dad and Derek. The outfit is the one that Dan and Brenda and kids sent and the earrings are from Jo and Brian.

Thank you all-- most of all for your love and just being YOU!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Daniel said...

Glad you had a good day, Mom. We would have called, but we are still without power for the second day. Unfortunately, our phones are all powered as is our VoIP service.
Thanks for the pics, we were hoping the package made it in time. Love you.

TRBix said...

Looks like it must be fun to turn 60. If it weren't so inconvenient in other areas, maybe I'd hurry up and try to race through the next 30 years. ;-)

Do you realize, Mom--and Dad, for that matter--that at the present time you are both exactly twice my age? Just thought you might want to sit and meditate a bit at the wonder of this historic occasion.

Brian said...

You look snazzy, and I LOVE the coffee table....
Glad you had a wonderful day!

Bob Bixby said...

Nice!

Who gave you that coffee table book? Cause we have one too.

Donna said...

Awww.... makes me really wish I could have been there.

TimBix said...

I gave them the book. ;-)