Friday, August 03, 2007

Blood Drive hosted by our church

In an effort to be helpful to our community we organized a blood drive. It was actually very easy to do, helped us get to meet people, and was greatly appreciated by some of the people in our community. We need to do it again next year. Jennie and I would have gladly donated blood, but ours is rejected because of the fact that we have been contaminated by living on foreign soil for so long. But we could make goodies and hang around chatting with people.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was a great idea, Bob! And no problem for you since you can't donate :-)

Brian said...

Glad to hear that it went well...good idea! Thanks for posting. brian

Donna said...

Neat idea. Uncle Paul would be pleased!

Bob Bixby said...

When I say "we" I mean our church. It wasn't my idea, but I'm glad "we" did it. Actually, it was Bill Hunt's idea!

Anonymous said...

That's the first outside view we've had of the church. It's nice.