Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Discovering the Dordogne!

Dad and I ventured out today from our snug gite to discover some more of the Dordogne. It has to be the prettiest and most peaceful place in France. Our destination was la Roque-Gageac, a town that was built into the stone face of the mountain along the Dordogne River. We had lunch there at a little place with a great view. After trying all the little paths that seemed to always go up the mountain, we drove over to Castelnaud. I had been there with Jo but had not been inside. We didn't go in today either as we are saving that for when Donna gets here this summer. Then we took a beautiful tiny road to another chateau "Les Milandes." We actually went in there and then watched the "falcon" show. It was a super fun day. The only thing missing was all of you!

7 comments:

Donna said...

I think that might be where I went with Dale and Madeline when I was just a teenager. Sure looks like it, anyway, and it was a town built in the edge of a rock--I realize that's not necessarily unusual for France. (GORGEOUS! I can't wait to go! Less than 2 months!!!

Donna said...

BTW--is that Dad's hand holding the falcon?

Anonymous said...

No, but he did actually hold one but I messed up the picture. I was too close to him. I think you went to Rocamadour. Another beautiful town.

Donna said...

You're right, that was it. Is that in the Dordogne?

Brian said...

Beautiful! I'm so glad you were able to get away and relax.

Bob Bixby said...

I'm very happy for you. It seems as it has been soothing and becalming to get out of the rigorous rush and whirl of the routine.

JennieB said...

Beautiful! Makes me wish we were there to tag along!! Enjoy!