Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day in Rockford...




The weather was nasty and cold, but the sweetness of my family made it a nice and relaxing day inside!  Patience had thoughtfully crotched me a very nice dishrag, and added to it a pretty votive candle holder and lots of raspberry filled dark chocolate.  What she didn't give me, so her shopping taxi-man tells me, was a "ped-egg", and collapsible measuring cups. Both ideas turned down as being too "practical".  We dined at home on Swedish Pancakes and strawberries and then sent the kids to naps, dishes and R&R for Mom by 2:15!!  THAT, my folks, is a great Mother's Day!!

6 comments:

Donna said...

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful! I was just getting ready to blog that pic 'cuz I had seen it on facebook, when I thought I should first check the blog! Brings a tear to my eye. Very precious--and you all look so great.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. Glad you had a nice Mother's Day.

Daniel said...

Okay, I watched the "ped-egg" clip until she dumped the shavings out... I almost dumped mine out...
:-)

Glad you had a good Mother's Day.

Aunt B said...

Very, VERY wonderful. What could be better than swedish pancakes!? Glad you had such a nice day with your little people, and that the little people took naps! ;-)

Anonymous said...

sounds like my kind of day! glad you enjoyed it. The pictures are great.

You look super, Jennie, and,of course,the kids are as gorgeous as ever.

Anonymous said...

and Mother's Day in Burnsville?