Saturday, April 21, 2007

BMMFrance Field Conference 2007




Well, we have finished another field conference and are back home. It was a good week--especially because of the messages by Dr. Kevin Bauder from Central. If I was computer savvy, I would herein make a link to those said messages, but alas, I am not computer savvy!!! They were excellent (Hebrews). You get just a glimpse of him and his wife in the first picture in the second row. The second set of pictures are all from the banquet night. That is Rachel Barnes and Laetitia hugging ! The top set of pictures is just to show you how small our field has become and to let you see some special people. Dan and Betty Lacey came over for a part of the time and it was special to have them. It was right after conference two years ago that he was diagnosed with cancer and we had not seen him since. Benjamin and Emily are actually becoming friends after all these years. They, too, make conference special.

10 comments:

Aunt B said...

Oh how FUN! I wish I could have been a 'mouse in the corner' during the skits. They look hilarious!......those WERE skits, right?! I shouldn't jump to conclusions, I guess.

Did Rachel's folks go too? I can't tell if that's Rowena singing in the choir or not. ?

Glad it went well!

Mom and Dad said...

Yes, we had two skits--one with the "oldies" and one with the youngsters! Yes, Rowena was in the choir. It was nice to be able to spend some time with them. Laetita went along to help Alicia with the children, but Alicia got sick and went home, so L. did it alone--half French and half English as a couple of the kids hardly spoke any English at all.

Donna said...

I hardly recognize the missionaries. either they've aged, are new, or I just have a terrible memory. NO COMMENTS on that, please!! :-) Looks like it was fun. Decorations for the banquet look good, Mom. You pulled it off once again. You da woman!

TimBix said...

Looks like a good time. Would be interested in hearing those sermons.

Brian said...

Brings back so many memories. It was good to see everyone's faces again...and by the way...I DO remember the faces:-) (sorry Donna)

Donna said...

Yeah, but you're young, I'm old!

Daniel said...

I know the bald guy in the blue sweater.. and the bald guy in the maroon sweater, and the bald guy in the gray sweater... and a few of the older ones as well.
(Who is standing behind the Cheloudtenkos?) (I know I massacred the spelling. Oh well.)

Donna said...

Okay, okay, I guess the only couple I don't know is the young couple in the back left.

Brian said...

The young couple in the back left is Randy Laase and family. The man behind Cheloudtchenko's is Roger Reisacher, I think.

Anonymous said...

Jo is right, all the way around! We are a very aging mature group. Randy is the only man under 40 and he won't be there long. We need new blood.