Saturday, April 21, 2007

Science Fair, part 1

Ben and I are in Mankato, MN (about an hour and a half south of the Cities), at the Regional Science Fair.
I'm quite bored, though actually, I've gotten quite a bit done. I'm wondering what people did back in the olden days with no laptop computers!
We are having a good time. He is soaking it all in. He's been judged 3 times so far, and I guess has one more to go. Since his project involves matchbox cars he needs male judges in order to get anywhere!
We'll blog more on the project later, but its hypothesis is that matchbox cars will travel different distances depending on the surface. VERY scientific, and VERY essential to every boy's understanding of the basics of life.
His trigger mechanism (Daddy designed, Mommy built [while I was on a trip]), is what is getting him the most points, I think. There are a couple of projects similar to his, but only his appears to ensure that the same amount of force is applied to each car. Anyway... can you tell who thought this project up? Next year he's on his own!
Anyway, just thought you might enjoy the pictures.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ben, I am impressed...just looking at all those booths would make me nervous. Here is hoping you get a matchbox car fan for your last judge!! We love you. Oh, I am also impressed that your Dad and I blogged at exactly the same minute--now that is scientific, huh!

Donna said...

Way to go, Ben! Exciting, isn't it?! I can't wait to hear about everything from your perspective. There are a LOT of booths out there! Aie!

TimBix said...

Wow! What a fast way to deepen one's surface understanding.

Aunt B said...

Ben didn't get any awards, but it was really good for him. He had a good time with his daddy, I do believe!