Friday, April 20, 2007

Hungry, Anyone?

I found this recipe in the Bon Appétit magazine and decided to give it a try. It is GREAT.

4 thick bacon slices, coarsely chopped
6 cups mixed baby greens (I used spinach leaves.)

1 TBS red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
3 Tbs. olive oil
( I just used a regular homemade vinaigrette!)
4 oz. soft goat cheese crumbled

4 large eggs
water

Sauté bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until brown and crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Pour off and discard all but 1 TBS of drippings from skillet.
Whisk vinegar and mustard in large bowl to blend. Whisk in oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer 1 TBS to small bowl; set aside. Add greens to large bowl with dressing; toss to coat. Divide greens among 4 plates. Scatter goat cheese and bacon pieces over each salad. Heat drippings in skillet over medium heat. Gently break eggs into skillet; cook until whites begin to set; about 1 minute. Add water to skillet; cover let cook until whites are set and olds are softly set, about 2 minutes. Using spatula, top each salad with 1 egg. Sprinkle eggs with salt and pepper. Drizzle lightly with reserved 1 TBS dressing and serve. Serves 4.

I copied this directly--sometimes I think they think that the readers must be morons! It may not sound good at first, but it is delicious! Makes a good supper or light lunch! Great for the South Beach diet! Enjoy!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good and can't wait to try it, but probably NOT while I have 3 teens to feed :-)

TRBix said...

Looks like it would make a very elegant brunch. Being that I'm not overly into eggs, it probably wouldn't rate as my favorite supper. ;-) However, it is very beautiful and makes an impressive looking plate.

Anonymous said...

Yum, Donna! I'm going to make this for supper!

I still intend to "catch up" with you. There's too much to say, so I'm putting it off. I think of you, though, and enjoy seeing pics of you and your family and reading about some of what you are up to! Bob's blog continues to amaze me! :) I smile, laugh, and say, "oh, my!" often!

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

That was me~Renee (Atchison) Green that posted above.