Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Patience's First day of School!!

Patience's formal education has begun! She started her day with waking to the sounds of her parents singing as she was brought her first ever "breakfast in bed" (no photos, sorry). Bixby Christian School of Rockford started promtly at 9:00 and completed "day one" before running to our scheduled paino lesson. Teacher/Mother and pupil returned for lunch and then continued with "day two" and then finished our school time with a fun art project. At present Mom is tired and Patience is napping! It has been a great start to our school year. Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

TRBix said...

Wow! Now that's a personalized school room if ever I've seen one! We're quite impressed with your the studious atmosphere you have created, Jennie.

Hard to believe it's that time, though. Congratulations, Patience & Isabelle!!!

Aunt B said...

Patience, you are all grown up, I think! I love your piggy tails, they look so cute on that darling face! I am so happy that you get to have school now. I know you will learn SO much! I think that maybe tea parties could be snuck into the Bixby Curriculum, couldn't it???? :-) We love you, cutie!

Aunt B said...

By the way....I'm very disappointed about there not being any pictures of breakfast in bed! You just have to master the trick of being BEHIND the camera, then zooming into the CHILD instead of the perfectly cleaned bedroom. :-) Of course, you and Bob were ready for the day, and her bedroom was as neat as a pin, of course, I wouldn't want to hint otherwise. Just trying to be helpful with my tips! ;-)

Bob Bixby said...

Brenda, I was ready for the day. Jennie, well, Jennie was... well, um, let's put it this way... what do you think when you hear the words "homeschool mom"?

OUCH! She just smacked me... I must say - MUST - that that look was temporary.

(phew!)

Aunt B said...

HA! Way to smack 'em Jennie! :-)

Danno, you'd better not comment! :-)