Sunday, March 04, 2007

Around Algrange


We had a really nice week up at Algrange. Monday I was in meetings all day but other than that, I was on vacation! Crystal went to most of the morning classes with the 2-3 year students. Steve Barnes was teaching and it was excellent. Dad, of course, was teaching all week. The Vissers were great hosts and Karyn even managed to take Crystal and I shopping in Germany and sightseeing in Luxembourg (1st picture). On Wednesday John Stauffacher took we 3 and Steve down to Metz to the Huguenot expo. It was exceptional. Very well done and lots of interesting things.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course, it was!! That goes without saying.

Daniel said...

I'm jealous about going to the Huguenot expo. Sounds very interesting. Beautiful pictures.
We'll have to visit there sometime.
Do they need a music course? :-)

Aunt B said...

The pictures of Lux. are just gorgeous. The expo looks so great too. Will the Expo move around Europe, or when it's done, it's done? Maybe we could catch up with it somewhere!

JennieB said...

The Luxe pix bring back good memories! We were there with your parents Brenda, and if I remember correctly they all bought and ate warm waffles with strawberries and cream from a vender on the street. See... good memories! :-)

Aunt B said...

Ok, now I'm not feeling so bad that a MAJORITY of my memories involve FOOD!!!! My folks still talk about those waffles, and some bakery that you got fresh hot croissants at and they were so hot the baker let you bring them home on one of his boards, to return the next morning......how did he know that ya'll would be back?!!!! YUM!!!!

JennieB said...

What is bad is that I have been Luxe many times and I can tell you want I ate each time I was there --- food - memories I guess... now I feel better about the extra pounds... they equal many, many happy memories!

Aunt B said...

AAAAWWWWWW!!!! I agree wholeheartedly!!!! Lots of memories that want to STAY with me for a very long time!!!!

:-)