Saturday, March 24, 2007

Vive la France!

We enjoyed Friday evening with 5 other 'cousin' couples. We had such a fun time together. I tried to serve a French meal......or shall I say several French meals in 1 night!

I served corn salad, lettuce salad, French bread, LOTS of cheeses, olives, raclette, potatoes, broccoli, cheese fondue, crackers, beef, chicken and shrimp fondue with sauces, Orangina, Perrier, espresso, chocolate mousse, creme brulee, etc. etc. etc.

We had a fun time taking them to France for the night.

- Brenda
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I DO NOT believe what I see, Brenda! All of those things in one meal?? Wow. I am overwhelmed. I might make them all but never so much in a meal! You are more French than the French!!!

Donna said...

I'm full just reading the menu! Glad it went well. I'm going to read up on the chocolate thingys. I know there is a way to do it w/o them falling apart when the reach room temp. I'll let you know what I find out! Looks beautiful!

Aunt B said...

It was very fun, I must say. I think the raclette was the biggest hit.

We had wanted to do something like this for a long time. It was TONS of fun!

TRBix said...

WOW! Did you make those chocolate Fleur-de-lis, or where in the world did you find them?

Looks beautiful. You are quite the chef! (I'm sure that applies in the French meaning as well. ;-)

Aunt B said...

Hey Ruth!
Yes, I did make them. I drew a template with a marker on paper, then piped chocolate with my decorating bag onto wax paper. They worked GREAT......until they came to room temp, then they broke and fell all over the place....oh well.