Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Mont St. Michel



I really don't know how to describe Mont St. Michel. It was incredible. We decided not to pay for any tours as the lines for the tours were so so long, but it was worth it just to walk around the city. This location has a "tidal phenomenon" in that it has a 15km tidal distance. It also is the fastest moving tide. The tide comes in as fast as a fast-paced walk, so if you were at the end when it started coming in...you'd be hard pressed to make it back before the tide! The water comes in all the way to the edge of the rock, but does not cover the main road entrance. It is quite impressive and deserves to be toward the top of one's list when visiting France. This is the first time I have been. Here are more pictures if you are interested.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So beautiful. I've always wanted to visit there. Maybe next time we are in France??? Hmmm...at this point that is looking a LONG ways off. I'll keep dreaming on, though!

Aunt B said...

Oh wow! OK, so I'm quite jealous! What else do you have on your itenerary?

Wish I were there!!!!!!!!

Donna said...

Check out the other pics, Brenda--amazing! We have a lot on our list--keep watching!! Glad to know you're alive. I was going to email and ask what was up in your neck of the woods. You can blog, you know!!! ;-O

Anonymous said...

LOVE all the pics.

That prayer by the candle is quite revealing.

love the kiss!!

P.S. Wish I were there :-)