Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Bearly....!

Wow! I know that it is almost sacreligious to blog about American football on the Bixby blog but... since the blog manager is a Bears fan, I thought I might get away with this one.
Congratulations. Of course, they didn't deserve the win, but hey... good things happen to good teams. Or should I say bad things happen to bad teams. I have to admit, I felt really bad for the Cardinals.
For those who didn't see the game, Chicago played terribly. They scored 3 offensive points and were down by 20, but forced two fumbles that were returned for touchdowns and ran a punt in for a touchdown to pull out a 24 to 23 win --- and that only because the Cardinals kicker missed a last second field goal that he should have gotten.
Anyway... congratulations, Bob. I hope you didn't go to bed at half time! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I almost did go to bed at half-time. I have not had opportunity to see a game this year, but since the Bears are undefeated and ALL of Rockford was glued to the game, I decided to make an event out of it and watch.

I was disgusted by the terrible play of the "best team in the NFL." So, I decided to go on. For some reason or other I checked back in just to see what was going on and ended up seeing most of the second half.

You are partially right to say that they didn't deserve the win. Partially, I say, because the offense did not deserve the win at all, but the Bears' defensive was incredible. They not only defended, but did most the scoring!

Urlacher once again proved why he was Defensive Player of the Year last year and why the Bears are famous for linebackers. He single-handedly turned the game around.

Now, back to reality.....

vtbix said...

Important game, in that it showed other teams how to stop the "potent" Bears offense. That being said, the defense is good, but 14 points in on quarter?

Bob Bixby said...

Well, I don't think anybody was prepared for the charged atmosphere of the fans and the Leinert (sp?) combo. The 14 points in one quarter were in the first and then the Bears defense started playing normal again.

I have not seen the Bears play this year, but I have heard about their "potent" offense. Neither Jennie or I were impressed. . .