Friday, October 27, 2006

Elise's Birthday

Daddy surprised his girl and wife by taking them on a date to "The Melting Pot" fondue restaurant on Friday night.
Saturday, the five of us went swimming (sorry, no pictures) at a fun pool. That was Elise's choice activity. We had a pizza party when we got home.
Sunday morning we, of course, woke her up for breakfast in bed. We had a wonderful birthday meal after church on Sunday. Her tastes have improved: roast beef, mashed potatoes, etc., etc.
Wow -- it's hard to believe she is 12! I'd say she got spoiled. Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Wow! I'll say you were spoiled, Elise. Maybe Grandpa will take me to the Melting Pot for my birthday some year! Thanks for the pics!

Aunt B said...

We had a BALL!!! We LOVE our Elise!

JennieB said...

Precious... and to think of that cold winter in Rockford that we ate dinner while taking turns walking, boucing, pleading with that adorable baby to please stop crying! She has grown into a beauty! And SWEET!!

Anonymous said...

Thank You everyone!!! I had a perfect birthday. Dad forgot to say that he also surprised me with awsome balloons!!!

Bob Bixby said...

I do not know why, but looking at these pictures pushed my sentimentality button and sprung tears.

Is it because the sweet little girl I called "Buttons" looks so grown up? Or is it because all the pictures are so saturated with scenes of family love that one is absorbed into it and completely covered with a sense of warmth? Or is it the precious purity of that 12-year-old morning face just awaking to the breaking of a new day, a new era, and catching glimpse of the first rays of an ever-brightening adulthood? Or is it because she is the first-born of my brother and friend? Or is it the grace that emanates from her radiant face as she receives gifts from her younger siblings? Or is it that the pictures are still symbols of goodness, God's goodness, to our family?

I don't know. But these pictures pushed my sentimentality button - no, my worship button - and sprung tears.

Uncle Bob

Daniel said...

I don't know about the pictures, but I haven't stopped crying since I read your comment!
Thank you, that was sweet.

Mom and Dad said...

Me either!! We have great kids as well as grandkids. love you all. Mom